Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Technique Tuesday



Today we made trifold cards. I love how I can make these cards apply to any occasion by changing the colours or main image.
I don't know the true name of the technique I used to make the background paper but I opened a plastic laminating pouch and squished ink (two colours) directly from the ink pad onto the inside of the plastic, one colour per side. Then closed the pouch and blended the inks together, the air bubbles caught between the plastic sheets create the design on your cardstock. Place two pieces of glossy white cardstock back to back and open the inked plastic sheets. Carefully place the cardstock onto the inked area and close the top layer of plastic over the glossy card. Use your hand or a brayer to press the ink onto the cardstock. Peel the top plastic layer back and remove your new background paper. The dye inks will dry instantly on glossy cardstock. You can also try the same technique on Whisper White cardstock for a slightly different finish.

This card uses Lavender Lace and Almost Amethyst ink pads and cardstock, also a little Pretty in Pink and Whisper White cardstock to add a colourful contrast. The stamps are from 'In Full Bloom' & 'Happy Harmony' stamp sets and the ribbon is Stampin' Up! Pale Pink grosgrain. Flower image is coloured using an aquapainter and Watercolour Wonder crayons and is lightly sponged around the edges in Lavender Lace ink. The background is made using glossy white cardstock.

This card is made using Pumkin Pie, Apricot Appeal & Whisper White cardstock and inks with a little Old Olive ink to highlight the design. The background technique was used on Whisper White cardstock instead of glossy and the effect is quite different. The stamps I used are from 'Happy Harmony' & 'Sincere Salutations' stamp sets.

All of the Stampin' Up! products I used to create these gorgeous cards are available from myself. Email me! for further details about the techniques used or to purchase Stampin' Up! products.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! I LOVE these cards!!! Absolutely stunning Tina. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

very very nice. love them

Marelle Taylor said...

Gorgeous cards Tina. You're so clever!

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Your cards look awesome Tina! And I love the technique you've used. I must try that myself!
Linda

Di Mancino said...

LOVE the cards, is the left side folded back? Must have a try at this technique.

Di
Ellenbrook WA

Jen said...

Tina these are AMAZING!